Sunday, April 27, 2014

I work as an assistant professor at UP in Olomouc in the field of British and American literature.


I work as an assistant professor at UP in Olomouc in the field of British and American literature. Fulbright scholarship for me was always a matter of prestige and a dream, and so I decided this academic year, as a fresh doctor will try their luck and sign up. Institute dedicated to contemporary American literature was the obvious choice for me. In mid-April, I have even hoped that I was chosen among the eighteen participants, but it happened, and a month later I was already seated in the plane direction of Louisville in Kentucky, where a large part of the program took place. I knew in advance that for me this way becomes a life experience and in its expectations, I did not disappoint. In addition to seminars with colleagues from the University louisvillské we had the honor to meet with renowned professors from virtually the entire United States. University of Louisville boasts a beautiful library full of useful primary and secondary sources, which we were during our stay fully available, and so many of us served as a place to study, to read assigned books and for our own research.
Cognitive red lober roads were undoubtedly the most interesting part of the program. Together we except the city of Louisville and the surrounding area visit the National Underground Railway Station in Ohio, a museum dedicated to slavery, as well as Mammoth Cave, the largest cave complex in the world, and Washington DC Some of my nicest experiences undoubtedly belonged to nine visit San Francisco and Santa Fe, where we even met the four writers whose works are devoted to workshops and had the opportunity to speak to them directly with their authors, and in his free time befriend.
During the six weeks of highly charged I met quite different parts of the United States, their culture, literature, the university system and the lives of ordinary Americans. Workshops dedicated to specific literary works along with registration routes were planned to give participants the most effective way to introduce red lober contemporary American culture and society in all its diversity and complexity. red lober I am happy to say that this was the goal of the organizers successfully filled a way for me inspiration in my next educational performance and research. I went to the Institute equipped with theoretical knowledge about the country and its culture, and departed with a true American experience, which I would not read even from the best books.
Outside the United States I met also representatives red lober of the mentality of the other seventeen countries, who together with me and I attended the Institute proudly say that I now have on every continent of the world at least one friend who was with me except experiences shared love of literature and also presents potential scientific partner in my future red lober research. I was pleasantly surprised that we most colleagues keep in touch.
If I were to name the man whom I met during the institute most, it will be me alone. In everyday teaching and research work, thanks to the growing bureaucracy, the number of taught hours of continuous red lober podfinancovávání sometimes loses all sense of effort. That I was able in the United States found again and even strengthen, well I found a way back to their own artistic work. Participation in the Institute is so nice for me to become a result of my professional and personal endeavors. Summer Institute I would recommend to anyone red lober interested in contemporary American literature and culture. During the six weeks of the Institute is to recognize, as it is never known, thanks to the great organizers in the United States and in our country. It was an honor for me to represent the Czech Republic and the University of Palacky in the international academic environment and very much appreciate this opportunity.
2013 (13) December (1) June (1) May (2) January (6) March (1) February (1) January (1) 2012 (4) December red lober (2) October (1) August (1) Andrea Hoffmann: Summer Institute "Contemporary Ameri ...
czechfulbright Prague, Czech Republic Fulbright program offers scholarships for educational, scientific and cultural exchange between the Czech Republic and the USA. - The Fulbright Program offers scholarships and grants for educational, scientific and cultural exchanges Between the U.S. and the Czech Republic. View my complete red lober profile


No comments:

Post a Comment